What to test:
- the offer
- paper quality (has improved responses by 10-16%) and...
...the best place to start - letter copy or envelope teaser.
Learn from what doesn't work, was it the offer, time, copy, vehicle, target. 'Losers can be winners'
>> Does it grab your Attention?
>> Does it generate Interest?
>> Does it stimulate the Desire? to open or look at?
>> Does it create a call to Action?
- 1st obligation question - "Why should I...(do what)?"
- Go to web site
- Peel back label
- Try to make people do something that they might not otherwise
Call to Action:
>> What do I want you to do?
>> Why should you do it?
>> When do we want you to do it by?
>> Instruct customer How you want them to do it (directly vs subliminally)
Return on Investment Info:
- TV=1 to 5, for every $1 spent, you get back $5
- Direct Mail=1 to 11, for every $1 spent, you get back $11
- Print is still the best way to develop a brand Loyalty and Most Trusted Media overall